This weekend is the 15th annual Lonestar Roundup, an outdoor hot rod show which theoretically is located at the Travis County Expo Center, but which always brings significantly increased traffic to South Congress as attendees cruise up and down the street on Friday and Saturday evening. APD is going to close all cross-streets that cross Congress between Academy and Live Oak. Streets will be barricaded with police presence. Right turns are allowed in some cases but no left turns. APD says they will let only residents enter in order to reduce the impact on our neighborhood. There will be APD ATVs out and about checking for parking and enforcing laws around the neighborhood.
Please try to plan your trips to avoid the area entirely. For more information or help with a problem, please contact our APD rep Officer Gabriel Guillen at email@example.com.
Sign Up For Our Monthly Update
Join Us On Social Media
Who We Are
South River City Citizens is an Austin, TX, neighborhood association founded in 1972 to give the residents a voice in their community. SRCC covers Travis Heights, South River City, South Congress, St. Edwards and other parts of South Austin (Map Here).
If you would like to become a full member, please visit our Membership & Dues page.
General membership meetings are currently postponed until May 2020. Please see this website post for more information. They are usually held at 7pm on the third Tuesday of the month at Good Shepherd on the Hill at 1700 Woodland Ave.
- APD Seeking Public’s Assistance in Thanksgiving Day Aggravated Assault Incidents December 1, 2020
- Homicide #46 December 1, 2020
- City Opens Application Process for Affordable Housing Tax Credit Resolution Applications December 1, 2020
- APD Seeking Community’s Assistance in Identifying Knife-Wielding Suspect December 1, 2020
- Increased demand to help Austin Police Operation Blue Santa assist families during the pandemic December 1, 2020
- Agendas and Minutes
- Austin Neighborhood Council
- District 3
- District 9
- East Riverside/Oltorf Combined Contact Team (EROC)
- Finance Committee
- Greater South River City Neighborhood Plan Contact Team
- Historic Preservation
- Neighborhood Watch and Patrol
- Norwood House
- Parks and Environment
- Planning and Zoning
- Public Safety
- Sherwood Oaks
- South Congress Avenue
- Travis Heights-Fairview Park Historic District
Admin and Feeds