SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Tuesday, March 8, 2016 7:30 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
(formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:30 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you don’t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask (see also footnote*).
Presenter throughout: Sounthaly “Tune” Outhavong, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted.
2. 7:35 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount.
Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95
NOTE: In order to vote, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former member’s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote.
3. 7:37 Approve minutes from Feb 1, 2016 monthly general meeting (available at www.srccatx.org).
MOTION: Claudette Lowe / Jean Mather to approve the minutes from the February meeting = PASSED
4. 7:40 Treasurer’s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; all reports are available upon request to the Treasurer.
Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer
5. 7:45 Committee Chairs reports
1) Parks, Schools, Environment; 2) Planning & Zoning; 3) Transportation & Public Safety; 4) Norwood; 5) Historic District; 6) Finance; 7) ANC*; 8) Communications; 9) CodeNEXT; 10) SCC*
Norwood – Wolf Sittler – The Norwood house has been structurally stabilized, now waiting for fundraising efforts.
Parks, Schools, Environment – David Todd – 70 people volunteered at the Blunn Creek Preserve last Saturday on the “It’s My Park Day.” Another volunteer opportunity in the preserve is scheduled for April 9th, a Keep Austin Beautiful Clean Sweep Day. Carol Martin encouraged everyone to visit Heritage Oaks Park now that the path and seating improvements have been completed.
6. 7:55 Update on SXSW fireworks at Auditorium Shores requiring trail closure from 6pm-10pm on March 18-19
Presenter: Elloa Matthews, email@example.com, Area 5 Co-coordinator
Elloa announced that the City denied the request to close the hike and bike trail for fireworks during SXSW honoring the input from the Austin Parks Foundation and nearby neighborhood associations.
7. 8:00 Update on Executive Committee vote to support SCC resolutions on small lot amnesty city code and oppose recall efforts of CM Ann Kitchen; Update on occupancy ordinance that SRCC voted on at February 2016 meeting.
Presenter: Sounthaly Outhavong, SRCC President, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tune announced that The City Council voted to close the loopholes found and used by some developers to build on small lots. SRCC Executive Committee voted to oppose the recall of Ann Kitchen (City Clerk rejected the submitted petition).
8. 8:10 Officer and Area Coordinator ELECTION RESULTS
Presenter: Sounthaly Outhavong, SRCC President
Thanks to everyone who participated in the annual potluck by bringing food/drinks to share. We had a record turnout with well over 100 neighbors in attendance and voting.
Voted in by general acclaim:
Area 1 Claudette Lowe
Area 1 —Volunteer Needed!
Area 2 Russell Fraser
Area 2 Eugene Kubelka
Area 3a Jo Webber
Area 3a Sara Newsom
Area 3b Brooks Kasson
Area 3b Tim Boswell
Area 4a Sam Martin
Area 4a Mary Friedman
Area 4b Kris Asthalter
Area 5 Neal Nuwash
Area 5 Elloa Mathews
Area 6 Rachel McClure
Area 6 Laura Gass Weaver
Area 7 Kelvin Glover
Area 7 Jackie Hatfield
Area 8 Maria Martinez
Area 8 Kim Lanzillotti
Vice President: Diane Presti
Secretary: Garret Nick
Treasurer: Nancy Byrd
Candidates = Gretchen Otto and Andy Cantu
Gretchen Otto was elected by a majority.
8:30 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! Open positions include neighborhood watch chair, communications chair, special events chair, newsletter editor, and Area co-Coordinator for Area 1.
Torchy’s Tacos update–renewal of application expected this month.
Monthly Review: Stay up-to-date on neighborhood news and SRCC announcements by signing up for our Monthly Review emails at www.srccatx.org. These simple, easy-to-read digests are available to all area residents.
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District, SCC: South Central Coalition