SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Tuesday, March 8, 2016 7:30 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
(formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:30 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you donâ€™t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask (see also footnote*).
Presenter throughout: Sounthaly â€œTuneâ€ Outhavong, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted. (5 min)
2. 7:35 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount.
Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95
NOTE: In order to vote, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former memberâ€™s
dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:37 Approve minutes from Feb 1, 2016 monthly general meeting (available at www.srccatx.org). (3 min)
4. 7:40 Treasurerâ€™s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; all reports are available upon
request to the Treasurer.
Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer (5 min)
5. 7:45 Committee Chairs reports
1) Parks, Schools, Environment; 2) Planning & Zoning; 3) Transportation & Public Safety; 4) Norwood; 5) Historic District; 6) Finance; 7) ANC*; 8) Communications; 9) CodeNEXT; 10) SCC* (10 min)
6. 7:55 Update on SXSW fireworks at Auditorium Shores requiring trail closure from 6pm-10pm on March 18-19
Presenter: Elloa Matthews, email@example.com, Area 5 Co-coordinator (5 min)
7.Â 8:00 Update on Executive Committee vote to support SCC resolutions on small lot amnesty city code and oppose recall efforts of CM Ann Kitchen; Update onÂ occupancy ordinance that SRCC votedÂ on atÂ February 2016 meeting
Presenter: Sounthaly Outhavong, SRCC President, firstname.lastname@example.org (10 min)
8.Â 8:10 Officer and Area Coordinator Elections
Presenter: Sounthaly Outhavong, SRCC President (20 min)
8:30 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS:
–VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! Open positions include neighborhood watch chair, communications chair, special events chair, newsletter editor, and Area co-Coordinator for Area 2.
–Torchyâ€™s Tacos update–renewal of application expected this month.
–Monthly Review: Stay up-to-date on neighborhood news and SRCC announcements by signing up for our Monthly Review emails at www.srccatx.org. These simple, easy-to-read digests are available to all area residents.
Account reconciliation, Profit & Loss and Balance reports available upon request from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District, SCC: South Central Coalition
Agenda Prepared by Gretchen Otto, email@example.com and Sounthaly Outhavong, firstname.lastname@example.org
Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for most updated version.