SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Monday, November 2, 2015 7:15 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
(formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you don’t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask (see also footnote*).
Presenter throughout: Sounthaly “Tune” Outhavong, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted. (5 min)
2. 7:20 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount.
Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95
NOTE: In order to vote, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former member’s
dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:22 Approve minutes from August 3, 2015; Sept. 7, 2015; and Oct. 5, 2015, last 3 regular monthly meetings (available at www.srccatx.org). (3 min)
4. 7:25 Treasurer’s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; all reports are available upon
request to the Treasurer.
Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer (5 min)
5. 7:30 Committee Chairs reports
1) Parks, Schools, Environment; 2) Planning & Zoning; 3) Transportation & Public Safety; 4) Norwood; 5) Historic District; 6) Finance; 7) ANC*; 8) Communications (10 min)
6. 7:40 Little Stacy Park improvement projects update showing design concepts with various details, cost considerations and contexts; looking for programming and visual preferences from neighbors to develop into a single concept
Presenter: Margaret Robinson, Asakura Robinson Company, LLC, email@example.com (10 min + 5 min Q&A)
7. 7:55 Update on Torchy’s Tacos alcohol beverage waiver request for new location on South Congress. Request for a member or members who are especially interested in this issue to lead our efforts.
Presenter: Gretchen Otto, SRCC Vice President, firstname.lastname@example.org (10 min)
8. 8:05 Austin’s Front/Side Yard Parking (FSYP) Ordinance
Presenter: Sounthaly “Tune” Outhavong, SRCC President, email@example.com (5 min)
9. 8:10 Task Force on Community Engagement–report on focus group
Presenter: Sounthaly “Tune” Outhavong, firstname.lastname@example.org (5 min)
10. 8:15 Creation of ad-hoc committee to explore updating the bylaws.
Presenter: Sounthaly “Tune” Outhavong, email@example.com (15 min)
8:30 GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Presenter: Gretchen Otto, SRCC Vice President, firstname.lastname@example.org
–There will be an important CodeNEXT “sound check” (workshop) November 16-21 (various events at The Linc).
–The newsletter has been printed and is being distributed now. Area Coordinators should have picked up their copies and contacted their block captains. Newsletters to be delivered to all by Nov. 6 if possible. Please contact VP if you do not receive a copy.
–Tune will not be seeking re-election as SRCC president. Please contact her if you are interested in serving as either president or vice president, or would like to nominate someone. Elections aren’t until March but we need to have a slate of officers by end of January.
–VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We still need a volunteer to chair our neighborhood watch program. We also need a new Area Coordinator for Area 2.
–Monthly Review: Stay up-to-date on neighborhood news and SRCC announcements by signing up for our Monthly Review emails at www.srccatx.org. These simple, easy-to-read digests are available to all area residents.
Account reconciliation, Profit & Loss and Balance reports available upon request from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District
Agenda Prepared by Gretchen Otto, email@example.com
Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for most updated version.