SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Monday, September 7, 2015 Â 7:15 PM
LIFE IN THE CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH (formerly Grace UMC)
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email email@example.com and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you donâ€™t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask (see also footnote*).
Presenter throughout: Sounthaly â€œTuneâ€ Outhavong, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted. (5 min)
2. 7:20 Membership and voting. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount.
Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95
NOTE: In order to vote, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former memberâ€™s
dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:22 Approve minutes from August 3, 2015, last regular monthly meeting (available at www.srccatx.org). (3 min)
4. 7:25 Treasurerâ€™s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; all reports are available upon
request to the Treasurer.
Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer (5 min)
5. 7:30 Committee Chairs reports
1) Parks, Schools, Environment; 2) Planning & Zoning; 3) Transportation & Public Safety; 4) Norwood; 5) Historic District–item below; 8) Finance; status of projects funded by SRCC; 9) ANC*; 10) Communications (10 min)
6. 7:40 CodeNEXT: update on progress, status of rewrite, opportunity to ask questions
Presenter: Jim Duncan, member of the Code Advisory Group, firstname.lastname@example.org (10 min + 5 min Q&A)
7. 7:55 Proposed bikeway along East Riverside–Presentation of BikeAustin’s plans to ask city about adding bike lanes and improved pedestrian facilities on Riverside corridor.
Presenter: Miller Nuttle, BikeAustin, email@example.com, campaign site: bikeaustin.org/riverside (10 min + 5 min Q&A)
8. 8:10 1900 Burton/Mariposa Rezoning–Update on stakeholder meeting with an apartment complex seeking to rezone two lots from MF-2/MF-3 to MF-4
Presenter: Sounthaly Outhavong, SRCC President (10 min)
9. 8:20 1227 Hillside–Proposed home/garage apartment at 1227B Hillside Ave.
Presenter: Marilyn Orton, firstname.lastname@example.org (10 min)
Newsletter: Call for articles, due by end of September.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We still need a volunteer to chair our neighborhood watch program. We also need a new Area Coordinator for Area 2.
Monthly Review: Stay up-to-date on neighborhood news and SRCC announcements by signing up for our Monthly Review emails at www.srccatx.org. These simple, easy-to-read digests are available to all area residents.
Account reconciliation, Profit & Loss and Balance reports available upon request from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Presenter: Sam Martin, Finance Committee Chair
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District
Agenda Prepared by Gretchen Otto, email@example.com
Agenda subject to change. Please check www.srccatx.org for most updated version.