SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Monday, June 1, 2015 7:15 PM
GRACE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you don’t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask (see also footnote*).
Presenter throughout: Sounthaly “Tune” Outhavong, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted. (5 min)
2. 7:20 Membership and voting announcements. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount.
Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95
NOTE: In order to vote, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former member’s
dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:22 Approve minutes from May 4, 2015, last regular monthly meeting (available at www.srccatx.org). (3 min)
4. 7:25 Treasurer’s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; all reports are available upon
request to the Treasurer.
Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer (5 min)
5. 7:30 Committee Chairs reports
1) Parks, Schools, Environment; 2) Planning & Zoning; 3) Transportation & Public Safety; 4) Norwood; 5) Historic District–item below; 8) Finance; status of projects funded by SRCC; 9) ANC*; 10) Communications (10 min)
6. 7:40 Bluebonnet Hills Local Historic District–quick update
Presenter: Gretchen Otto, SRCC Vice President (5 min)
7. 7:45 1813 Brackenridge St. demolition/variance–possible new vote needed
Presenters: Jean Mather and/or Marc Davis, SRCC P&Z Committee (5 min)
8. 7:50 1602 Alta Vista–proposed demolition and new construction
Presenters: Michael C. Stouse, architect, 512-466-4600, email@example.com; Kari Blachly, 512-289-0010, firstname.lastname@example.org
(5 min/5 min Q&A)
9. 8:00 South Austin Christian Church (SACC) 206 E Annie St–Rebuilding plans and Bike Austin involvement–motion and vote possible
Presenters: SACC Pastor JD Elshoff, SACC member Margo Gregory, and BikeTexas Executive Director Robin Stallings, 512-476-7433, email@example.com
(5 min/10 min Q&A)
10. 8:15 Austin Parks and Rec Urban Forestry Program–tree management plan
Presenters: Jeff Kessel, SRCC Transportation and Public Safety Co-Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org; Lara Schuman, Program Manager of Urban Forestry Program, City of Austin Parks and Recreation Department, 512.974.9545 | Lara.Schuman@austintexas.gov, www.austinurbanforestry.org
(5 min/5 min Q&A)
11. 8:25 City plans to address erosion problem in Blunn Creek along Little Stacy Park and Sunset Lane
Presenter: Janna Renfro, City of Austin Watershed Protection Department/Stream Restoration Program, 512-974-3422 | Janna.Renfro@austintexas.gov
12. 8:35 Auto body shop located at 2311/15 Rebel Rd.–violations of code, neighbor concerns regarding noise and pollution, request for support
Presenters: José E. Martínez, SRCC Member from Rebel Rd., (512) 517-3096, email@example.com
13. 8:45 RPP request for Brackenridge from Milton to Annie for Thurs-Fri 5pm-10pm, Sat-Sun 1pm-10pm
Presenters: Dean Janeff, 1709 Brackenridge St., firstname.lastname@example.org
Presenter: Gretchen Otto, SRCC Vice President
NO GENERAL MEETING IN JULY–next meeting will be August 3.
BRIDGE CLOSURE: Rain has delayed the Larry Monroe Memorial.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We still need a volunteer to chair our neighborhood watch program, and also someone to coordinate a 4th of July picnic.
Account reconciliation, Profit & Loss and Balance reports available upon request from email@example.com
Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District
Agenda Prepared by Gretchen Otto, firstname.lastname@example.org