SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Monday, May 4, 2015 7:15 PM
GRACE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you don’t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask (see also footnote*).
Presenter throughout: Sounthaly “Tune” Outhavong, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted. (5 min)
2. 7:20 Membership and voting announcements. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount.
Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95
NOTE: In order to vote, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former member’s
dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:22 Approve minutes from April 6, 2015, last regular monthly meeting (available at www.srccatx.org). (3 min)
4. 7:25 Treasurer’s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; all reports are available upon
request to the Treasurer.
Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer (5 min)
5. 7:30 Committee Chairs reports
1) Parks, Schools, Environment; 2) Planning & Zoning; 3) Transportation & Public Safety; 4) Norwood; 5) Historic District–item below; 8) Finance; status of projects funded by SRCC; 9) ANC*; 10) Communications (10 min)
6. 7:40 Executive Committee meeting votes on finance-related items
Presenters: Sounthaly Outhavong, SRCC President; Sam Martin, SRCC Finance Committee Chair (10 min)
7. 7:50 Unveiling of official logo as voted by membership in March
Presenter: Sounthaly Outhavong, SRCC President (5 min)
8. 7:55 South-Central Waterfront initiative–update on progress, public talk on May 6
Presenter: Alan Holt, City of Austin Planning and Zoning Department, 512.974.2716 | email@example.com (10 min)
9. 8:05 Stacy Park–plans to restore the damaged trail at the bridge between playfields and THES
Presenter: Clayton Ernst, City of Austin Watershed Protection, 512.974.9792 | firstname.lastname@example.org (10 min)
10. 8:15 Travis Heights Art Trail–Recap of how last year’s event went and plans for this year
Presenter: Charlotte Bell, SRCC member and Art Trail organizer, email@example.com, travisheightsarttrail.org
11. 8:25 1813 Brackenridge St. demolition–possible vote
Presenters: Angela Reed, SRCC member, firstname.lastname@example.org; SRCC P&Z Committee? (10 min)
12. 8:35 Bluebonnet Hills Local Historic District–request for vote
Presenters: Sounthaly Outhavong, SRCC President; Angela Reed, SRCC member, email@example.com (10 min)
Presenter: Gretchen Otto, SRCC Vice President
NEWSLETTER SUBMISSIONS: It’s time to begin pulling together articles for our summer newsletter. If you have a story idea, please email Gretchen.
BRIDGE CLOSURE: The little bridge at the end of Eastside Drive will be closed for about a month, mid-May to mid-June.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We still need a volunteer to chair our neighborhood watch program, and also someone to coordinate a 4th of July parade and/or picnic.
Account reconciliation, Profit & Loss and Balance reports available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org
Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District
Agenda Prepared by Gretchen Otto, email@example.com