The annual Rebate Austin! event sponsored by the Austin Public Library is this Friday and Saturday at the Hampton Branch Library at 5125 Convict Hill Road. Check out free offers and rebates available from city and state departments. Get more details here or read below!
Friday, April 10, 3 PM to 6 PM
Saturday April 11, 2 PM to 5 PM
Hampton Branch at Oak Hill, 5125 Convict Hill Rd., 512-974-9900
Did you know that…
- The Austin Fire Department will come into your home, provide a home hazard assessment and install fire alarms for free – all you have to do is call! AFD also provides free fire alarms for the Deaf and hearing impaired!
- Texas Gas has rebates on furnaces, hot water heaters, dryers and more?
- In some cases updating your home can get you rebates from The City of Austin AND Texas Gas – what a way to double up!
- The City of Austin offers free mulch to anyone who can come by and pick it up?
- The City of Austin will microchip your pet for free?
On Friday, April 10th and Saturday, April 11th Austin Public Library will be hosting our annual Rebate Austin! Our annual info fair allows folks to take a personal look at what the city has to offer homeowners and renters and meet the folks who put out Austin’s rebates and freebees. Attendees walk away with all kinds of freebees as well as a clear grasp of what rebates are accessible for their personal situation and a better grasp of the application process!
Learn about how to get free fire alarms, rain barrel rebates, composting rebates, water heater rebates, clothes dryer rebates and solar panel rebates and more! Learn about the Electric Vehicle Program and where you can take free Xeriscaping classes and pick up free mulch!
This year, Rebate Austin! will take place over two days to ensure you have the most chances to learn about rebate opportunities in Austin. Both days, the Fire Department will have a truck on-site for families to explore as well as their Fire Safety House, a fire-safety simulation trailer, where folks can learn how fires spread and fire safety techniques for the whole family.
Can’t make it to the event? Be sure to check out the Library’s handy new Information Guide on Rebates where you can sort saving opportunities by City Department or browse freebies, loans and rebates. Rebate Austin! is free and open to the public. For more information call 512-974-9900, visit library.austintexas.gov/rebate or Ask a Librarian.