SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Monday, April 6, 2015 7:15 PM
GRACE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you don’t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask (see also footnote*).
Presenter throughout: Sounthaly “Tune” Outhavong, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted. (5 min)
2. 7:20 Membership and voting announcements. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount.
Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95
NOTE: In order to vote, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former member’s
dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:22 Approve minutes from March 3, 2015, last regular monthly meeting (available at www.srccatx.org). (3 min)
4. 7:25 Treasurer’s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; all reports are available upon
request to the Treasurer.
Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer (5 min)
5. 7:30 Committee Chairs reports
1) Parks, Schools, Environment; 2) Planning & Zoning–item below; 3) Transportation & Public Safety;
4) Norwood; 5) Historic District–item below; 8) Finance; status of projects funded by SRCC; 9) ANC*; 10) Communications (5 min)
6. 7:35 Executive Committee email vote to approve the Heritage Oaks Park landscape plan submitted to SRCC by PARD; update on grant and progress of project
Presenters: Sounthaly Outhavong, SRCC President; Carol Martin, SRCC Membership Chair (5 min)
7. 7:40 500 Lockhart–Board of Adjustment variance request
Presenter: Jean Mather or other representative of SRCC Zoning Committee (5 min)
8. 7:45 Request for Pedestrian Hybrid Beacon (PHB) on Riverside at Alameda–discussion and possible vote
Presenters: Betty Weed, SRCC Member, email@example.com; Michael Sledge, SRCC Transportation Committee
(5 min/5 min Q&A)
9. 7:55 RPP on 1600 block of Nickerson–petition being filed to increase days/hours per recommendation from city Presenters: Joe and Elizabeth Day, SRCC Members (5 min)
10. 8:05 Larry Monroe Memorial in Stacy Park–update on progress and plans for dedication
Presenter: Ave Bonar, firstname.lastname@example.org (5 min/5 min Q&A)
11. 8:15 Proposed new gas plant–concerns about cost and environmental impact
Presenters: Jere Locke, Director of Texas Drought Project, email@example.com; Kaiba White of Public Citizen and/or Karen Hadden of the SEED Coalition (5 min/5 min Q&A)
12. 8:25 Bluebonnet Hills Local Historic District–for and against
Presenters: Arif Panju, firstname.lastname@example.org; Angela Reed, email@example.com, and possibly a representative from the City of Austin (20 min)
Presenter: Gretchen Otto, SRCC Vice President
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We still need a volunteer to chair our neighborhood watch program, and also someone to coordinate a 4th of July parade and/or picnic.
HUGE THANKS to Laura Gass Weaver for stepping up to be the new Area Coordinator for Area 6.
KUDOS to Justin for producing the new SRCC Monthly Review.
Keep Austin Beautiful Clean Sweep–Come join your neighbors in this fun event. April 11, 2015 at 9:00am. There will be groups at Big Stacy Park, Blunn Creek Preserve, and the Norwood House.
Travis Heights Elementary 75th Anniversary Celebration–Also on April 11th!
Account reconciliation, Profit & Loss and Balance reports available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org
Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District
Agenda Prepared by Gretchen Otto, email@example.com