SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Monday, November 3, 2014 7:15 PM
GRACE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you don’t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask (see also footnote*).
Presenter throughout: Sounthaly “Tune” Outhavong, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted. (5 min)
2. 7:20 Membership and voting announcements. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount.
Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95
NOTE: In order to vote, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former member’s
dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote. (2 min)
3. 7:22 Approve minutes from October 6, 2014, last regular monthly meeting (available at www.srccatx.org). (3 min)
4. 7:25 Treasurer’s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; all reports are available upon
request to the Treasurer. (5 min)
5. 7:30 Committee Chairs reports
1) Parks, Schools, Environment; 2) Planning & Zoning–item below; 3) Transportation & Public Safety; 4) Norwood;
5) Historic District–item below; 8) Finance; status of projects funded by SRCC; 9)ANC*; 10) Communications–item
below (5 min)
6. 7:35 Update on Terrace Hotel (110 Academy Drive/1101 Music Lane)–hired lawyer to work on retainer agreement, went before Planning Comm, next up is City Council.
Presenter: Marc Davis, SRCC Member (10 min)
7. 7:45 Blue Bonnet Hills Local Historic District update–application is officially under review with city.
Presenter: Angela Reed, interim director of Preservation Austin, email@example.com (10 min)
8. 7:55 Presentation of Travis Heights Art Trail guidebook and postcard; idea for logo contest at beginning of 2015.
Presenter: Sounthaly Outhavong, SRCC President (10 min)
9. 8:05 Travis Heights Elementary’s Mission75 Fundraising campaign–information and request that SRCC make a donation.
Presenter: Marc Davis, SRCC Member (5 min)
10. 8:10 Social media announcement, update on Communications committee, call for volunteer for Communications Vice Chair.
Presenters: Sounthaly Outhavong, SRCC President, Justin Chang, SRCC Communications Chair (10 min)
Call for Volunteers:
–Area Coordinator needed for Area 3a, boundaries: between IH35 and Travis Heights Blvd, from Woodland Ave to Riverside Drive. The names of block captains will be provided.
–Volunteers for Special Events Committee
–Request for volunteer who has experience drawing landscape plans. We have a basic file and need to add items and labels. Short time-frame and includes walking the site Heritage Oaks park for placement of benches.
–Request for volunteers to attend a 1-hr training session designed for NA. “Tips & Tools toward smarter conversations about Development Review”–overview of the various online resources available from the Planning & Development Review Dept. and briefly demonstrate how each of the tools works.
· Online Tools & Resources (links to commonly used websites & pages)
· Online Interactive Development Review Permitting and Inspection Database (a.k.a. “External AMANDA”)
· Interactive Development Web Map
· Zoning Profile Report
If there is interest, we’ll ask her if she can also cover resources to track Council & Commission actions.
Presenters: Gretchen Otto, SRCC Vice President; Carol Martin, SRCC Membership Chair
Account reconciliation, Profit & Loss and Balance reports available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org
Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District
Agenda Prepared by Gretchen Otto, email@example.com