SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Monday, October 6, 2014 7:15 PM
GRACE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email email@example.com and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you donâ€™t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask (see also footnote*).
Presenter throughout: Sounthaly â€œTuneâ€ Outhavong, SRCC President, unless otherwise noted.
2. 7:20 Membership and voting announcements. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount.
Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95
NOTE: In order to vote, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former memberâ€™s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote.
3. 7:22 Approve minutes from August 4 and September 1, 2014, last regular monthly meetings (available at www.srccatx.org).
4. 7:25 Treasurerâ€™s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; all reports are available upon request to the Treasurer.
5. 7:30 Committee Chairs reports
1) Parks, Schools, Environment; 2) Planning & Zoning; 3) Transportation & Public Safety; 4) Norwood; 5) Historic District; 8) Finance; status of projects funded by SRCC; 9)ANC*; 10) Communication; 11) Quality of Life
6. 7:35 Since our last general meeting, the executive committee voted on the following motion:
MOTION : that SRCC become an Adopter of Heritage Oaks Park and apply to Austin Parks Foundation grants programs requesting $20,000 to supplement SRCC funds dedicated to making improvements to Heritage Oaks Park.
RESULT: PASSED; 11 voted in favor, 0 against
Presenter: Sounthaly Outhavong, SRCC President; Carol Martin, SRCC Membership Chair
7. 7:40 The Austin Music Commission has proposed an ordinance for busking, to abolish restrictions to it that are based on panhandling. City Council has asked the city manager to write a resolution. Council will hear the resolution October 16.
Presenters: Brandon Hodge, owner of Big Top, firstname.lastname@example.org; Linsey Lindberg, AKA Mama Lou, American Strong Woman, http://www.strongwomanshow.com | email@example.com
8. 7:55 Austin Water is planning some wastewater line improvements in the area. The main work will be between Summit Street and Upland Drive. Representatives will explain the work and answer any questions.
Presenters: Yvonne Gil, Project Manager at Austin Water, 512-972-2048 | firstname.lastname@example.org; Geneva Barrett Guerrero, Austin Water Public Information Office, (512) 974-2461 | email@example.com
9. 8:10 New Torchyâ€™s coming to South Congress (at location of former Franâ€™s) has requested a waiver to be able to sell alcohol within 300 feet of a school (Fulmore). City Council has postponed hearing until October 23.
Presenters: Jeremy T. Correll Smith, Torchyâ€™s Sr. Director of Design and Construction, 512.441.8900, firstname.lastname@example.org; Kurt Cadena-Mitchell, SRCC Member/Austin InterFaith/Wildflower Unitarian-Universalist Church, 512-786-5388 | email@example.com
10. 8:25 Discussion and possible vote on the Terrace Hotel’s (110 Academy Drive/1101 Music Lane) request for a Neighborhood Plan amendment, NCCD* amendment, and zoning change. SRCC and the NPCT* have worked with the developer on a set of restrictions and limitations that they will agree to in return for these changes and these will be presented.
Presenters: Marc Davis, SRCC Member; Terry Franz, GSRC NPCT*; Austin Pfiester and Clark Lyda, developers, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com | 512.635.0002
11. 8:45 Board of Adjustment variances for 1327 and 1325 Bonham Terrace. SRCC P&Z Committee met with property owners regarding their applications for variances and then voted to â€œnot opposeâ€ the variances. Needs a general vote.
Presenter: Marc Davis, SRCC Member. Applicants: Ann Gatlin & Dorr Scherz, 1327 Bonham Terrace, 512-444-6459 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Art Trail 2014, presented by Charlotte Bell, Member
Call for Volunteers: Additional Area Coordinators needed. The names of block captains can be provided.
– Area 3a (to replace Kathleen Littlepage), boundaries: between IH35 and Travis Heights Blvd, from Woodland Ave to Riverside Drive
– Area 1, boundaries: between East Side Drive and South Congress, from Riverside Drive to Monroe
Presented by Sounthaly Outhavong, SRCC President
Newsletter update, presented by Gretchen Otto, SRCC Vice President
Account reconciliation, Profit & Loss and Balance reports available upon request from email@example.com
Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF: Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF: Single Family zoning category; FLUM: Future Land Use Map; GSRC NPCT: Greater South River City Neighborhood Planning Contact Team, NCCD: Neighborhood Conservation Combining District
Agenda Prepared by Gretchen Otto, firstname.lastname@example.org