SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Monday, September 1, 2014 7:15 PM
GRACE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email email@example.com and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you don’t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.
Presenter throughout: Sounthaly Outhavong, President, unless otherwise noted.
2. 7:20 Membership and voting announcements. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount.
Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95
NOTE: In order to vote, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former member’s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote.
3. 7:22 Approve minutes from August 4, 2014, last regular monthly meeting (available at www.srccatx.org).
4. 7:25 Treasurer’s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; all reports are available upon request to the Treasurer.
5. 7:30 Committee Chairs reports
1) Parks, Schools, Environment; 2) Planning & Zoning – items below; 3) Transportation & Public Safety; 4) Norwood – items below; 5) Historic District; 8) Finance; status of projects funded by SRCC; 9)ANC Austin Nbhd Council; 10) Communication; 11) Quality of Life
6. 7:35 Update on 517 E. Oltorf – Apostolic Assembly of the Faith in Christ Jesus, Inc.’s request (C14-2013-0081) to upzone to GR (with conditional overlay) to increase their impervious cover limit and allow for additional construction.–APPROVED by council
Presenter: Gretchen Otto, SRCC Vice President
7. 7:40 508 E. Oltorf Coffee Shop – Update on status of Conditional Use Permit required to allow the owners of 508 Oltorf to build a small coffee shop on ground floor. New information to be discussed (change in parking) and new vote by membership required.
Presenters: Marc Davis, SRCC Planning and Zoning Committee member; and Steve Portnoy, Carlson Commercial Properties, LLC, representative for property owner, Mobile: (512) 415-5890 | Office: (512) 474-2900; firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. 7:55 1009 Reagan Terrace – Request for setback variance in order to add a second story to an existing structure which extends 5 feet into the ten foot rear setback. P&Z Committee voted not to oppose; need vote by general membership.
Presenter: Jean Mather, Chair of SRCC Planning & Zoning committee
9. 8:05 Norwood House – update on progress on the Norwood Estate project.
Presenter: Colleen Theriot, President of the Norwood Park Foundation; email@example.com
Call for volunteers: need Area Coordinators for Area 3a to replace Kathleen Littlepage. Can provide names of block captains, etc. Area 3 boundaries are between I35 and Woodland from Riverside Dr. to Woodland. Still also need a co-coordinator for Area 1.
Agenda Prepared by Gretchen Otto, firstname.lastname@example.org
Account reconciliation, Profit & Loss and Balance reports available upon request from email@example.com
Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF – Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF – Single Family zoning category; FLUM – Future Land Use Map