SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Monday, August 4, 2014 7:15 PM
GRACE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, become a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Verification of quorum. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion. If an acronym is stated during the meeting and you donâ€™t know what it means, please feel free to raise your hand and ask.
Presenter throughout: Eric Rangel, President, unless otherwise noted.
2. 7:20 Membership and voting announcements. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount.
Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95
NOTE: In order to vote, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former memberâ€™s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote.
3. 7:22 Approve minutes from June 2, 2014, last regular monthly meeting (available at www.srccatx.org).
4. 7:25 Treasurerâ€™s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; will also be available on website: www.SRCCatx.org
5. 7:30 Committee Chairs reports
1) Parks, Schools, Environment; 2) Planning & Zoning – items below; 3) Transportation & Public Safety – item below + update on Annie/Woodland re-striping; 4) Norwood; 5) Historic District; 8) Finance; status of projects funded by SRCC – item below; 9)ANC Austin Nbhd Council; 10) Communication; 11) Quality of Life
6. 7:35 Update on 517 E. Oltorf â€“ Apostolic Assembly of the Faith in Christ Jesus, Inc.â€™s request (C14-2013-0081) to upzone to GR (with conditional overlay) to increase their impervious cover limit and allow for additional construction.
Presenter: Elloa Mathews, SRCC Area 5 Coordinator, and Marty Christman, SRCC Parks, Schools, and Environment Committee Co-Chair
7. 7:45 Report from zoning committee on the following properties: 410 E. Annie, 1106 Algarita, proposed Terrace Hotel at 110 Academy Drive/1101 Music Lane, 1106 Woodland (demo permit), 206 E. Live Oak (relocation permit).
Presenters: Jean Mather, Chair of SRCC Planning & Zoning committee; Kent Anschutz, SRCC P&Z comm. member
8. 7:55 Request for support/ideas regarding demolition and new construction at 509 Lockhart.
Presenter: Michele Webre, Bluebonnet Hills Historic District Chair
9. 8:05 SRCC Finance Committee:
– Executive Committee approved SRCC sponsorship of the Travis Heights Art Trail–Sponsorship level of $250 gives us a business card-sized mention. We have done this in the past.
– Recommendation that $2,100 of the Area 8 Traffic Calming funds be reallocated for planting native grasses in the Blunn Creek Nature Preserve.
Presenter: Sam Martin, Chair of SRCC Finance Committee
10. 8:10 Update on Good Shepherd Churchâ€™s request for a Conditional Use Permit to operate the property at 1700 Woodland Avenue as a Day Care Center.
Presenter: Sounthaly â€œTuneâ€ Outhavong, SRCC Area 7 Coordinator
11. 8:15 Sign Review Board/Board of Adjustment heard a variance request to increase the allowable size for a sign from 35 s.f. to 329 s.f. for the District at SOCO apartment complex at 501 E. Oltorf. Board voted against but they are appealing. P&Z comm previously voted to not object but we need to put it to a general vote.
Presenter: Rick Krivoniak, property owner of adjacent duplexes, email@example.com
12. 8:20 Proposal to write a letter of support to the city for funding for the next stage of planning for the south central waterfront plan. There is a request for $200,000 to hire consultants to produce detailed documents to guide us into the next phase.
Presenter: Garret Nick, SRCC Secretary and waterfront plan liaison
13. 8:25 Mobility 35 Project Update from TxDot and HNTB Engineering. Topics to include: 1. Brief update on Woodland; 2. Discussion of what is proposed from Riverside to Ben White; 3. Discussion of access to/from downtown from the south.
Presenters: Steve Miller, VP HNTP and Project Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org; Stacey Benningfield, Program Manager, Texas Department of Transportation, email@example.com
14. 8:55 President Eric J. Rangelâ€™s resignation of the presidency; nominations and vote for replacement.
Presenters: Eric J. Rangel; Carol Martin
Call for volunteers
Agenda Prepared by Gretchen Otto, firstname.lastname@example.org
Account reconciliation, Profit & Loss and Balance reports available upon request from email@example.com
Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer
*Frequently used acronyms: ACF – Austin Community Fund; ANC: Austin Neighborhood Council; SF – Single Family zoning category; FLUM – Future Land Use Map