SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Monday, June 2, 2014 7:15 PM
GRACE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, be a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion.
Presenter throughout: President, unless otherwise noted.
2. 7:20 Membership and voting announcements. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount.
Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95
NOTE: In order to vote, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former member’s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote.
3. 7:22 Approve minutes from May 5, 2014, last regular monthly meeting (available at www.srccatx.org).
4. 7:25 Treasurer’s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; will also be available on website: www.SRCCatx.org
5. 7:30 Committee Chairs reports
1) Parks, Schools, Environment; 2) Planning & Zoning – item below; 3) Transportation & Public Safety – item below; 4) Norwood; 5) Historic District; 8) Finance; status of projects funded by SRCC; 9) Reps to ANC Austin Nbhd Council; 10) Communication; 11) Quality of Life
6. 7:40 District 9 Neighborhood Leaders meetings – request for volunteers to attend meetings where various neighborhoods that fall within the same council district can discuss their issues, explore common interests. SRCC needs to attend both District 9 and District 3 meetings. email@example.com
Presenters: Eric Rangel, SRCC President, and Sounthaly “Tune” Outhavong, SRCC District 9 Rep
7. 7:45 Update on 517 E. Oltorf – Apostolic Assembly of the Faith in Christ Jesus, Inc.’s request (C14-2013-0081) to upzone to GR (with conditional overlay) to increase their impervious cover limit and allow for additional construction.
Presenter: Jean Mather, SRCC Chair of Planning & Zoning committee
8. 7:50 Project Connect updates. Presentation and Q&A.
Presenters: Jeff Kessel, SRCC Transportation committee co-chair, Willie Cecil; Cap Metro, Community Involvement; w: 512.389.7525; c: 214.674.8181; Cheyenne Krause, Public Information Specialist, City of Austin Transportation Department (O) 512.974.7907 | (C) 512.431.4363 Cheyenne.Krause@austintexas.gov
9. 8:05 Election to fill vacancy on executive committee for vice president. Co-candidates are Gretchen Otto and Russell Fraser.
Presenter: Carol Martin, previous SRCC Vice President
10. 8:10 Restriping of Annie/Woodland.
Presenter: Aleksiina Chapman, Bicycle Network Design, City of Austin Transportation Department, (O) 512.974.7834 Aleksiina.Chapman@austintexas.gov
11. 8:25 Plans for Terrace Hotel, 110 Academy Drive
Clark Lyda and Austin Pfiester will present initial plans for the Terrace Hotel. They have met with the Zoning committee but haven’t submitted an application to the city yet, so there won’t be a vote.
Presenters: Marc Davis, Member, Clark Lyda and Austin Pfiester, developers firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
12. 8:45 Presentation for proposed Larry Monroe Memorial in Stacy Park.
Presenters: Ave Bonar and Stephanie DiStefano, firstname.lastname@example.org
New meeting place and time for Executive Meeting–at Opal Divine’s small room for free on June 16th.
Presenters: Eric Rangel, Garret Nick, Carol Martin
Agenda Prepared by Gretchen Otto, email@example.com
Account reconciliation, Profit & Loss and Balance reports available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org
Presenter: Nancy Byrd, Treasurer