Every March the SRCC General Membership morphs into the Annual Pot Luck and Elections, in addition to a brief business meeting. Note: it is on Tuesday March 4th and begins at 6:00 pm. Bring all the family and meet your neighbors!
Special Note: See the article posted on SRCC website www.srccatx.org concerning SXSW event, specifically music venues and sound ordinances. Read recommendations on how to report if problems occur.
SRCC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING and Pot Luck Supper
Tuesday, March 4, 2014 6:00 PM
GRACE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
To be sure you get a vote, be a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know.
6:00 pm ENJOY THE MEAL !
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers. Reminder: state your name when presenting or seconding a motion.
Presenter throughout: Marc Davis, President, unless otherwise noted.
2. 7:20 Membership & voting announcements. Pay multiple years in advance and get a discount. Single membership: 1-yr $20; 2-yr $35; 3-yr $50 / Family membership: 1-yr $35; 2-yr $65; 3-yr $95 NOTE: In order to vote, dues must be paid a month in advance, with the exception that if a former member’s dues have lapsed no more than 2 years, they may renew at the meeting and be eligible to vote.
3. 7:22 Approve minutes from Feb 3, 2014, last regular monthly meeting (available at www.srccatx.org).
4. 7:25 Treasurer’s Report – see attachment to agenda distributed at the meeting; will also be available on website: www.SRCCatx.org
5. 7:30 Committee Chairs reports
1) Parks, Schools, Environment; 2) Planning & Zoning – item below; 3) Transportation & Public Safety; 4) Norwood; 5) Historic District – item below; 8) Finance; status of projects funded by SRCC; 9) Reps to ANC Austin Nbhd Council; 10) Communication; 11) Quality of Life
OLD BUSINESS – none at this time
6. 7:40 SXSW March 7 – March 16th Reminder of how to handle neighborhood issues: outdoor music regulations; Resident Parking permit restrictions, traffic, short-term rentals –how to report concerns, etc.
7. 7:50 ELECTION OF OFFICERS
Candidates : President – Eric Rangel
VP – opportunity exists!
Secretary: Garret Nick
Treasurer: Nancy Byrd
Agenda Prepared by Marc Davis, email@example.com, 656-2841 – cell