To be sure you get a vote, be a member. You can join or renew online www.srccatx.org. Not sure if you are current? Email email@example.com and we’ll let you know.
1. 5:30 Arrive and set-up
2. 6:15 EAT!
The food was delicious! Thanks to everyone who brought something to share.
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
3. 7:00 meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers.
Presenter throughout: Marc Davis, unless otherwise noted.
4. 7:05 Membership & voting announcements.
Presenter: Carol Martin, Membership Chair
5. 7:10 Approve minutes from February 4, 2013, last regular monthly meeting (available at www.srccatx.org).
MOTION: Jean Mather / Jim Vincent – to approve the minutes from Februaryâ€™s meeting = PASSED
6. 7:15 Finance Committee Report: Financial Forecast for 2013
Presenter: Sam Martin, Chair Finance Committee
The Financial Forecast for 2013 report was distributed. It includes expenditures for 2012 and previous years. Monthly and quarterly financial reports are available upon request.
The SRCC Executive Committee has approved the following recommendation from the Finance Committee: spend the remaining funds in SRCC account at Austin Community Foundation on a capital project within SRCC boundaries. By closing the account, SRCC will no longer pay fees which have been slowly depleting our funds. The membership is asked to submit proposals for capital projects that will benefit the entire SRCC area. The deadline will be June 30, 2013. The process will soon be announced. There will soon be an online form where users can submit proposals (online options, forms distributed at meetings, etc.). The Executive Committee will select finalists and the general membership will vote for the projects in November.
7. 7:25 Committee Chairs reports
1) Parks, Schools, Environment: no report
2) Planning & Zoning; no report
3) Transportation & Public Safety; – There will be a neighborhood watch and patrol training session in the first week of April. The exact date is being confirmed and Raymond Sinatra will send out the notice as soon as it has.
4) Norwood; no report
5) Historic District; no report
8) Reps to ANC Austin Nbhd Council; – A huge thanks to Wallace Henderson who has volunteered to be our ANC representative and much thanks to Wolf Sitler for taking on that responsibility prior to that.
10) Communication no report
A – The Travis Heights Art Trail is looking for participants, artists and sponsors. Visit www.travisheightsart.com for more information and be sure to come out and enjoy the event.
B – The workday at the Heritage Oaks Park, a new pocket park in the EROC area, was a success. The park is located at Parker and Wind Oak, please visit it soon.
C – Last October, one of our members hosted a National Night Out and highly encourages others to organize and participate.
8. 7:35 Candidates, Nominations from the Floor, Elections
Presenter: Marc Davis, President
President: Marc Davis (P since 2012, VP since 2009)
Vice President: Carol Martin (VP since 2012, Communications Chair since 2010; Membership Chair as long as she can remember)
Secretary: Garret Nick (Secretary since 2007)
Treasurer: Nancy Byrd has stepped forward to replace Les Case
Area Coordinators: Area 1 Claudette Lowe & Helen Dey Valdez; Area 2: Kenny Schulz & Jack Hostetter; Area 3a: Teri Hubbeling & Brian Talenti; Area 3b: Brooks Kasson & Tim Boswell; Area 4a: Sam Martin & Eric Andruscavage; Area 4b: Kris Asthalter Area 5: Neal Nuwash & Elloa Mathews; Area 6: Dawn Cizmar; Area 7: Fred Krebs & Rachel McClure; Area 8: Maria Martinez & Kim Lanzillotti
MOTION: Robert Reeves / Sarah Campbell – to approve the entire 2013 ballot = PASSED
9. 7:45 PM Adjourn