Austin Public Library and Austin Energy are providing a service to help you find out exactly how much electricity all of your plug-ins are drawing (with power on and off ). Â You might be surprised to discover that some of your every- day household appliances use quite a bit of electricity when they are plugged in but turned off. Called â€œphantom loadâ€ or â€œvampire powerâ€, this energy drain can account for about 10% of an individual homeâ€™s electricity use – enough electricity to more than pay an electric bill one month of each year. Beginning October 15, you can check out one of the easy-to-use wattmeters for three weeks through any of the libraries. You will also find a good selection of books and materials on energy efficiency and conservation tips. Â Plugging devices like the TV, DVD player, and DVR into a power strip and switching it off when not in use can save you a surprising amount of money.
Sign Up For Our Monthly Update
Join Us On Social Media
Who We Are
South River City Citizens is an Austin, TX, neighborhood association founded in 1972 to give the residents a voice in their community. SRCC covers Travis Heights, South River City, South Congress, St. Edwards and other parts of South Austin (Map Here).
If you would like to become a full member, please visit our Membership & Dues page.
General membership meetings are currently postponed until May 2020. Please see this website post for more information. They are usually held at 7pm on the third Tuesday of the month at Good Shepherd on the Hill at 1700 Woodland Ave.
- Grants awarded to 25 organizations advancing food justice in Austin October 3, 2022
- Austin Mobility News: Getting to ACL, public meeting on substandard streets and Hispanic Heritage Month October 3, 2022
- Downtown Austin Community Court Connecting over 400 People with Housing October 3, 2022
- Austin Celebrates Digital Inclusion Week to Promote Internet Access for All October 3, 2022
- Eligibility for Monkeypox Vaccine Expands; Austin Public Health Reaches Milestone of 4,000 Vaccines Administered October 3, 2022
- Agendas and Minutes
- Austin Neighborhood Council
- District 3
- District 9
- East Riverside/Oltorf Combined Contact Team (EROC)
- Finance Committee
- Greater South River City Neighborhood Plan Contact Team
- Historic Preservation
- Neighborhood Watch and Patrol
- Norwood House
- Parks and Environment
- Planning and Zoning
- Public Safety
- Sherwood Oaks
- South Congress Avenue
- Travis Heights-Fairview Park Historic District
Admin and Feeds