The Norwood Posse is pleased to announce that PARD staff is recommending restoration of the Norwood House. In addition they are considering adding an additional facilitiy as well as upgrades to the entire site. We are now in negotiations with PARD to assist them in identifying a “preferred alternative” that will be presented to city boards, commissions and the city council. Ideas under consideration are expanded parking, accessibility, connectivity to boardwalk, walkways, a water feature, etc.
We continue to promote the idea of a public/private partnership to accomplish the objective as PARD has no funding to do anything at this time. Our aim is to restore the house, using primarily private funding, and to operate and maintain it under the umbrella of the soon to be created Norwood Park Foundation.
Thanks to everyone who has helped us reach this point. Much remains to be done, and we will be calling on our community to assist in the way forward.
Sign Up For Our Monthly Update
Join Us On Social Media
Who We Are
South River City Citizens is an Austin, TX, neighborhood association founded in 1972 to give the residents a voice in their community. SRCC covers Travis Heights, South River City, South Congress, St. Edwards and other parts of South Austin (Map Here).
If you would like to become a full member, please visit our Membership & Dues page.
General membership meetings are currently postponed until May 2020. Please see this website post for more information. They are usually held at 7pm on the third Tuesday of the month at Good Shepherd on the Hill at 1700 Woodland Ave.
- Mount Bonnell GeoSign Illustrates Area’s Geologic Features May 13, 2021
- APD Hiring New Cadets, Hosting Enrollment Session This Week May 12, 2021
- City Plans Phased Implementation/ Enforcement of Proposition B Ordinances Starting May 11 May 10, 2021
- City to Host Virtual Career Expo May 12, 2021 May 10, 2021
- Fatality Crash in the 4400 block of W. William Cannon Dr. May 10, 2021
- Agendas and Minutes
- Austin Neighborhood Council
- District 3
- District 9
- East Riverside/Oltorf Combined Contact Team (EROC)
- Finance Committee
- Greater South River City Neighborhood Plan Contact Team
- Historic Preservation
- Neighborhood Watch and Patrol
- Norwood House
- Parks and Environment
- Planning and Zoning
- Public Safety
- Sherwood Oaks
- South Congress Avenue
- Travis Heights-Fairview Park Historic District
Admin and Feeds