The Norwood Posse is pleased to announce that PARD staff is recommending restoration of the Norwood House. In addition they are considering adding an additional facilitiy as well as upgrades to the entire site. We are now in negotiations with PARD to assist them in identifying a “preferred alternative” that will be presented to city boards, commissions and the city council. Ideas under consideration are expanded parking, accessibility, connectivity to boardwalk, walkways, a water feature, etc.
We continue to promote the idea of a public/private partnership to accomplish the objective as PARD has no funding to do anything at this time. Our aim is to restore the house, using primarily private funding, and to operate and maintain it under the umbrella of the soon to be created Norwood Park Foundation.
Thanks to everyone who has helped us reach this point. Much remains to be done, and we will be calling on our community to assist in the way forward.
Sign Up For Our Monthly Update
Join Us On Social Media
Who We Are
South River City Citizens is an Austin, TX, neighborhood association founded in 1972 to give the residents a voice in their community. SRCC covers Travis Heights, South River City, South Congress, St. Edwards and other parts of South Austin (Map Here).
If you would like to become a full member, please visit our Membership & Dues page.
General membership meetings are currently postponed until May 2020. Please see this website post for more information. They are usually held at 7pm on the third Tuesday of the month at Good Shepherd on the Hill at 1700 Woodland Ave.
- Barton Springs Pool and Deep Eddy Pool Re-opening and Annual Maintenance February 24, 2021
- City of Austin Launches New Website to Help Residents Navigate Winter Storm Repairs February 24, 2021
- City of Austin and Travis County Severe Weather Response and Recovery Update February 24, 2021
- Emergency Water Use Restrictions to be Lifted - Effective Feb. 24 at 8 a.m. February 23, 2021
- Vaccs Facts - Publicado el 23 de febrero de 2021 February 23, 2021
- Agendas and Minutes
- Austin Neighborhood Council
- District 3
- District 9
- East Riverside/Oltorf Combined Contact Team (EROC)
- Finance Committee
- Greater South River City Neighborhood Plan Contact Team
- Historic Preservation
- Neighborhood Watch and Patrol
- Norwood House
- Parks and Environment
- Planning and Zoning
- Public Safety
- Sherwood Oaks
- South Congress Avenue
- Travis Heights-Fairview Park Historic District
Admin and Feeds