SRCC GENERAL MONTHLY MEETING Â
MONDAY, AUGUST 1, 2011
GRACE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Room arrangement, meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers.
Presenter throughout: Sarah Campbell, President, unless otherwise noted.
2. 7:20 Membership & voting announcements.
Presenter: Carol Martin, Membership ChairÂ
3. 7:25 Approve minutes from June 6, 2011, last regular monthly meeting (available at www.srccatx.org).
4. 7:30 Austin Police Dept Officer Robert Barboza, our District Rep.
Introduction by Shelly Leibham, member, Safety Committee
5. 7:40 Reagan National outdoor advertising at Woodland and IH35 (SP-2007-0560C(XT)) is requesting an extension of an approved site plan.Â This plan was unsuccessfully highly contested by the neighborhood at the time, and SRCC has submitted opposition to this extension.Â Unfortunately, the City almost routinely does extend site plan approvals upon request.
Presenter: Patrick Roeder, resident opposed to extension.
6. 7:45 Plans for the historic Reuter House property at 806 Rosedale Terrace.
Presenters: Kenny Hilbig, member, and Randy Chupik, owner/ developer.
7. 7:55 Norwood Property Feasibility Study, consultants’ options.
Presenter:Â Wolf Sittler, Director, Norwood Posse
8. 8:10 Cutting of protected trees at 1208 Woodland — status report. Presenter: Marty Christman, Chair, Environment Committee
9. 8:15 Herbicide spraying along Blunn Creek — latest news subsequent to SRCC representatives meeting with City Parks and Recreation staff.
Presenters: Teresa Griffin and Jeff Kessel, members.Â
10. 8:25 Finance Committee recommendation for new Treasurer to replace current Treasurer, John Foote, who soon will be leaving the country for a new job.
Presenter:Â Sam Martin, Chair, Finance Committee.
11. 8:30 SRCC East development issues.
Presenter: Toni House or Gayle Goff, members.
12. 8:35 Oaks of Travis Heights, 1227 Newning site plan description. Presenter: Danny Waters, developer.
13. 8:45 Area 8 Traffic Calming Project and RPP.
Presenters:Â Jeremy Elliott, Chair of Ad Hoc group working on traffic calming, and Kim Lanzilotti, petitioner for RPP.
14. 8:50 Short Term Rentals — a Position Paper from WANG (West Austin Neighborhood Group).
15. 8:55 Possible changes to Land Development Code Compatibility Standards, which historically have served as buffering protections between residential and non-residential developments.
Presenter:Â Jean Mather, Co-Chair, Zoning and Planning Committee
16. 9:00 S Congress Working Group — will have first meeting Tuesday, August 2, 2011 to develop parking plan with City staff.Â Group includes nominees from Bouldin Creek and SRCC Neighborhood Associations and the S Congress Merchants Association.
Congratulations to all involved in a successful, re-imagined 4th of July event this year!
Agenda Prepared by Sarah Campbell