SRCC GENERAL MONTHLY MEETING
MONDAY, JUNE 6, 2011
GRACE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
CALL TO ORDER/APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers.
Presenter: Sarah Campbell, President, unless otherwise noted below.
2. 7:20 Membership announcements.
Presenter: Carol Martin, Membership Chair
3. 7:25 Approve minutes from Monday, May 2, 2011 regular monthly meeting (available at www.srccatx.org).
4. 7:30 Site Plan/Conditional Use Permit for change of use from liquor sales to “cocktail lounge and associated improvements” at 343 S Congress at Riverside Drive. SPC-2011-0082CS
Presenters: Nikelle Meade for applicant; Jean Mather &/or Teresa Griffin, Co-Chairs Planning & Zoning Com’e and officers of NPCT.
5. 7:45 Marc and Tracy Frazier, owners of S Congress Athletic Club.
Introduction by Connie Todd, member.
6. 7:55 COA proposed Special Exemptions and Fee Waivers for certain code violations in SF-3 zoning.
7. 8:00 Neighborhood Watch Pilot Program
Presenters: Dennis Cudd, Marc Davis and Shelly Leibham, members.
8. 8:15 Illegal tree cutting at 1208 Woodland Ave. Proposed resolution to compose letter to City, fiercely denouncing this activity and requesting maximum fines/punishment against owner.
9. 8:20 Proposed amendment to LDC, affecting homebuyers in the extra- territorial jurisdiction, C20-2011-009.
10. 8:25 Activity at 1301 Newning causing alarm.
11. 8:30 Street Closures: (A) Batfest, 4am Aug 27—4am Aug 28, 2011, Congress Ave Bridge to be closed; (B) Austin Triathlon, 6am—11am Sept 5, 2011, S Congress to be closed except for single lane north to Cesar Chavez and single lane south from Barton Springs Rd.
UPDATES & ANNOUNCEMENTS
12. 8:35 SRCC East (EROC) & other Areas
13. 8:45 Committee Reports (at least: newsletter, website, Norwood property project, neighborhood watches, signs, Area 8 Traffic Calming project, SCIP).
14. 9:00 SRCC executive officer shuffling to begin late summer/early fall.
15. 9:00 Other
Official SRCC 4th of July Parade & Picnic
is cancelled for 2011,
there still will be no
General Meeting in July
However, watch the list serve for
announcements of an unofficial
4th celebration that some neighbors
are working on.
Agenda prepared by Sarah Campbell
Items not necessarily taken in order above