Tonight’s 2nd community input meeting is critical. You have followed the Norwood Posse efforts over the last three years to get something done at the Norwood Park. Today is essentially the last opportunity for community members to express their views. The next meeting ( July) will have the consultants presenting their three options with associated costs. This is not a request to participate in an endless series of meetings…….JUST THIS ONE!!!!
The purpose tonight is to continue to “gauge public sentiment regarding the house and the park”. Dog park advocates are mounting a serious effort to push their agenda that essentially ignores the house, or makes it a part of the dog park.
The website for this consultant study (http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/parks/norwoodtract.htm) states that “Estimates for short-term and long term costs (construction, maintenance and operation) associated with this project will factor greatly into decisions regarding its future”.
In a tv interview, PARD Project Manager Marty Stump stated that restoration would cost at least $1 million. This totally ignores Norwood Posse efforts to make this a not-for-profit project using volunteers and donations of as much as possible. No surprise there as we were totally ignored when PARD came up with the idea of hiring consultants.
Fed up with city staff wasting taxpayer money!!!! Join with us tonight!!!!
Sign Up For Our Monthly Update
Join Us On Social Media
Who We Are
South River City Citizens is an Austin, TX, neighborhood association founded in 1972 to give the residents a voice in their community. SRCC covers Travis Heights, South River City, South Congress, St. Edwards and other parts of South Austin (Map Here).
If you would like to become a full member, please visit our Membership & Dues page.
General membership meetings are currently postponed until May 2020. Please see this website post for more information. They are usually held at 7pm on the third Tuesday of the month at Good Shepherd on the Hill at 1700 Woodland Ave.
- Barton Springs Pool and Deep Eddy Pool Re-opening and Annual Maintenance February 24, 2021
- City of Austin Launches New Website to Help Residents Navigate Winter Storm Repairs February 24, 2021
- City of Austin and Travis County Severe Weather Response and Recovery Update February 24, 2021
- Emergency Water Use Restrictions to be Lifted - Effective Feb. 24 at 8 a.m. February 23, 2021
- Vaccs Facts - Publicado el 23 de febrero de 2021 February 23, 2021
- Agendas and Minutes
- Austin Neighborhood Council
- District 3
- District 9
- East Riverside/Oltorf Combined Contact Team (EROC)
- Finance Committee
- Greater South River City Neighborhood Plan Contact Team
- Historic Preservation
- Neighborhood Watch and Patrol
- Norwood House
- Parks and Environment
- Planning and Zoning
- Public Safety
- Sherwood Oaks
- South Congress Avenue
- Travis Heights-Fairview Park Historic District
Admin and Feeds