After 15 months of construction, the Long Bow Storm Drain Project in Sherwood Oaks is in the last phase. Below is a report from the city:
“At this time, we believe construction on this project will be completed by the end of April. We have finished the work on the west-bound side of Oltorf and are now working on installing the box culverts underneath the east-bound lanes.”
The following work also remains:
- Constructing a concrete headwall where the box culvert releases into the creek.
- Excavation in the channel south of Oltorf
- Storm sewer crossings to inlets on the north side of Oltorf
- A wastewater line crossing on Oltorf
- Restoration of yards and neighborhood streets. Please note that Friar Tuck will be restored entirely by the contractor and the other streets will receive their final overlay by the City of Austin’s Street and Bridge Division.
We apologize for the inconvenience associated with the construction and appreciate the neighborhood’s patience. Hopefully, there will be no further delays, and your neighborhood will soon be back to normal.
For more information on this project, please contact:
Patti Moreno, Construction Inspector, 974.1545, Patricia.Moreno <AT> ci.austin.tx.us
Alexa Locklear, Construction Inspection Supervisor, 974.1569, Alexa.Locklear <AT> ci.austin.tx.us