SRCC GENERAL MONTHLY MEETING AGENDA
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2011, at 7:15 PM
GRACE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH 205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXASdraft AGENDA
Call to order /approval of minutes
1. 7:15 Room arrangement, meeting procedures, etiquette, welcome newcomers.
Presenter throughout: Sarah Campbell, President, unless otherwise noted below.
2. 7:20 Membership & voting announcements. Presenter: Carol Martin, Membership Chair
3. 7:23 Approve minutes from December 6, 2011, regular monthly meeting (available at www.srccaustin.org).
4. 7:25 4th Quarter 2010 report of SRCC finances & annual contributions to Grace Methodist Church and John Jordan, caretaker, to be made in March. Presenter: Bob Drew, Treasurer
Special thanks to Bob for serving as SRCC Treasurer for the last 3 years! He won’t be running again for next year.
5. 7:30 Livestrong Austin Marathon impacts on SRCC
Presenter: Christina Conklin, Community Relations Director
6. 7:35 Short Term Rentals (aka VRBO) Discussion
Presenter: Maurice Anderson, Chair of Committee on, Allandale N’hood.
SRCC Contributors: Sandy Bowman & Charles Price, residents
7. 7:55 Rezoning request for 1406 Parker Lane
Presenter: Toni House, resident
8. 8:00 Failed negotiations for new City parkland acquisition at Parker & Wind Oak for much needed pocket park in Area 7.
Presenter: Fred Krebs, Area 7 Co-Coordinator
9. 8:05 Upcoming reconstruction of Oltorf from IH-35 to S Congress Ave.
10. 8:07 Annual 4th of July Parade & Picnic needs organizers!!
Presenter: Russell Fraser, resident, 4th organizer.
11. 8:15 Update on City’s Imagine Austin comprehensive plan process.
Presenter: Jean Mather, Co-Chair, Zoning & Planning Committee
12. 8:20 Updates from ANC and on Norwood Study
Presenter: Wolf Sittler
13. 8:25 Update on St Edwards University amplified music issue
14. 8:30 SRCC members participating in City’s deliberations on draft PBD (Parking Benefit District) Ordinance and relationship to RPP (Residential Parking Permit Program)
15. 8:35 Executive Committee voted against “modifications” to code for 1606 East Side Drive, before RDCC February 1st.
16. 8:38 Newsletters announcing our Annual Elections and Potluck Supper will be on Jean’s porch very soon. Get ready!
Many thanks to Helen Dey Valdez for producing our newsletters for 3 years, and to Gloria Lee who is stepping up to take over where Helen leaves off.
17. 8:40 City Council vote on Park PUD on Barton Springs Road.