Communications Ad Hoc Committee Meeting Minutes
Wednesday October 13, 2010Â 6:00 â€“ 7:00 pm, Carolâ€™s @1901 Travis Heights Blvd
Attending:Â Marc Davis, Carol Martin, Garret Nick, Helen Valdez
Absent: Sarah Campbell,
- Carol has added column to sign-in sheet â€œDues Paid Currentâ€
- Helen suggested getting cost of including a self-addressed envelope in newsletter.
- ZONING â€œLand Use 101â€ Teresa Griffin has drafted an article that gives an overview of Zoning, processes for permits, variance requests, relevant city agencies and boards involved and SRCC approach to requests. .
- SAFETY Security: when to call 911; when to call 311. Marc has done handout. Need concise blurb?
- MEMBERSHIPÂ most content for this already prepared and ready to post
- Standardized Communication Key topic messages should appear on list-serve; on website, in newsletter, etc.:
- update on N2 publication proposal. (Carol). N2 did a business analysis of potential advertising revenue and compared it with production and mailing of cost of their publication service. As a result, N2 has withdrawn their proposal. The N2 rep that was our initial contact may not have been experienced in sales revenue. Â Carol recommends that we table the concept of mailing a newsletter. A major attraction had been N2â€™s service of gathering content and taking full responsibility for preparation for print and mailing. Without it, the amount of volunteer work required for a high quality monthly publication would be prohibitive in her opinion.
- implementation plan for Content providers focus on website / newsletter. Carol agreed to contact all SRCC committee chairs for potential content.
- WebsiteÂ (Marc and Garrett
- Content input for Ning site (Marc and Garret) ;
Â – We compiled a list of content still to be written and assigned topics to committee members. We set deadline of 1 (or 2?) weeks to submit the content to Marc and Garrett. M&G recommend it is most efficient of they do the data entry due to HTML code.
- We reached consensus on basic format, features, layout of the website.
The following items were postponed for future meeting
5.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Yahoo! Groups Â (Marc)
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â – additional groups set up for Neighborhood Watch individual areas; Safety
Â 6.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Archives projectÂ (Carol & Sarah)
Â Â Â The next meeting date is dependent on M&G completion of website for our committee.