SRCC GENERAL MONTHLY MEETING
MONDAY, JANUARY 4, 2010
GRACE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
7:00Â Meeting procedures & etiquette.Â Welcome newcomers.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:10Â Approve minutes from November 2, 2009, general membership meeting (available at www.srccaustin.org).
2. 7:15Â Update on application to the City of Austin for an outdoor music venue at the Whip In store at 1950 S. IH 35 (southbound service road). Â Also look for the S.P.O.T.
Presenter:Â Sarah Campbell, President
3.Â 7:20Â Election of Wolf Sittler, member, as SRCC representative to Austin Neighborhoods Council (ANC) to replace “retiring” Jean Warneke.
4.Â 7:25Â Renew SRCC’s annual membership dues of $35 to ANC.
5.Â 7:30Â Burglaries/crime in the neighborhood.
Presenter:Â Detective Sheldon Askew, Austin Police Dept.
6. 7:50Â New owners of the Rueter House at 806 Rosedale Terrace want to introduce themselves and discuss potential future uses of the large historic house & property.
Presenter:Â Wick Alexander, owner.
7. 8:10Â Norwood House update.
Presenter:Â Wolf Sittler, Director Norwood Posse
8. 8:15Â On December 21, 2009, the SRCC Executive Committee voted unanimously against a variance request for a non-complying carport at 2504 Little John Lane owned by Michael Canney.Â This vote is different from a “no action” vote Mr. Canney received from SRCC back in May ’09, when he came to us to find our if he could get support for the variance he might file in the future.
9. 8:20Â Street closures for: (1) Fado Irish Pub St.Patrick’s Day Festival, 200 block of 4th Street (between Colorado & Lavaca Streets), 6am March 17Â – 6am March 18, 2010; (2) SXSW Festival, multiple streets & times, downtown, March 17- 21, 2010.
10. 8:25Â Reminder that the annual potluck dinner and officer elections will be held on Monday, March 1, 2010.Â See Bylaws near top atÂ http:// home.att.net/~mjl.kellogg/srcc.htm for more information on which officers are elected.
Items will not necessarily be taken in order of agenda.
Agenda prepared by
Sarah Campbell, President