SRCC GENERAL MONTHLY MEETING
MONDAY, JANUARY 4, 2010
GRACE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
7:00 Meeting procedures & etiquette. Welcome newcomers.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. 7:10 Approve minutes from November 2, 2009, general membership meeting (available at www.srccaustin.org).
2. 7:15 Update on application to the City of Austin for an outdoor music venue at the Whip In store at 1950 S. IH 35 (southbound service road). Also look for the S.P.O.T.
Presenter: Sarah Campbell, President
3. 7:20 Election of Wolf Sittler, member, as SRCC representative to Austin Neighborhoods Council (ANC) to replace “retiring” Jean Warneke.
4. 7:25 Renew SRCC’s annual membership dues of $35 to ANC.
5. 7:30 Burglaries/crime in the neighborhood.
Presenter: Detective Sheldon Askew, Austin Police Dept.
6. 7:50 New owners of the Rueter House at 806 Rosedale Terrace want to introduce themselves and discuss potential future uses of the large historic house & property.
Presenter: Wick Alexander, owner.
7. 8:10 Norwood House update.
Presenter: Wolf Sittler, Director Norwood Posse
8. 8:15 On December 21, 2009, the SRCC Executive Committee voted unanimously against a variance request for a non-complying carport at 2504 Little John Lane owned by Michael Canney. This vote is different from a “no action” vote Mr. Canney received from SRCC back in May ’09, when he came to us to find our if he could get support for the variance he might file in the future.
9. 8:20 Street closures for: (1) Fado Irish Pub St.Patrick’s Day Festival, 200 block of 4th Street (between Colorado & Lavaca Streets), 6am March 17 – 6am March 18, 2010; (2) SXSW Festival, multiple streets & times, downtown, March 17- 21, 2010.
10. 8:25 Reminder that the annual potluck dinner and officer elections will be held on Monday, March 1, 2010. See Bylaws near top at http:// home.att.net/~mjl.kellogg/srcc.htm for more information on which officers are elected.
Items will not necessarily be taken in order of agenda.
Agenda prepared by
Sarah Campbell, President