GENERAL MONTHLY MEETINGÂ OF SRCC
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2009
GRACE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
1. 7:00Â Meeting procedures & etiquette.Â Welcome newcomers.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
2. 7:10Â Approve minutes from October 5, 2009, general membership meeting (available at www.srccaustin.org).
3. 7:15Â Presentation on what’s happening at 1603 S. Congress, the parking lot south of the Congress Ave Baptist Church currently occupied by several mobile food trailers and proposed for a new boutique hotel.
Presenter:Â Mike McHone, owner’s representative
4. 7:30Â Election of Rachel McClure as the new Area Co-Coordinator to replace “retiring” Helen Fleming in Area 7 and assist Fred Krebs.
5. 7:35Â Vote to approve/disapprove certain street closures for the Statesman Capitol 10,000 to be held on April 11, 2010.
Presenter:Â Sarah Campbell, President
6. 7:45Â Discuss request for variance at 608 Academy Drive (& Riverside Drive) “to decrease the minimum side street setback requirement … from 15 feet to 5 feet 2 inches in order to attach a deck and enclosed porch to an existing single family residence.”
Presenter:Â Jean Mather, Chair of Zoning & Planning Standing Committee
7.Â 7:55Â Update on Norwood House:Â status of phase one, status of agreement with Parks Department and Austin Parks Foundation, results of fundraiser at Continental Club.
Presenter:Â Wolf Sittler, member
8. 8:00Â Fall newsletters ready for distribution in November.
Presenter:Â Helen Day Valdez
9. 8:05 The Ad Hoc Communications Committee has begun testing some technologies for a new collaborative SRCC website andÂ will be reporting back in future meetings.
Presenter:Â Marc Davis, Vice-President
10. 8:10 The 3rd and final reading at Council of the contested South Shore PUD (Grayco) will be on Thursday, Nov. 5, 2009, beginning at 2pm.Â It is expected to pass.Â Meanwhile, the owners have already submitted their first subdivision within the PUD (C8-2009-0111).
Presenter:Â Gayle Goff, member, Chair EROC NCT
Items not necessarily heard in order of agenda.
Agenda prepared by Sarah Campbell