GENERAL MONTHLY MEETING OF SRCC
MONDAY, APRIL 6, 2009
GRACE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
205 E. MONROE, AUSTIN, TEXAS
1. 7:00 Present meeting procedures. Welcome newcomers.
2. 7:10 Discuss SRCC letter to Board of Adjustment regarding building permits issued by the City of Austin for 1609 Drake in error of code requirements.
Presenters: Jean Mather, Chair, SRCC Zoning & Planning Standing Committee, & Cappy (Henry) White, owner of 1609 Drake
3. 7:20 Presentation on 4th of July parade and picnic organization & need for new volunteers, training provided.
Presenters: Betty Weed & Teri Hubbeling, SRCC Area 3a Coordinator
4. 7:30 Presentation on the City’s Big Stacy Rain Gardens Project now beginning at Annie/Woodland as it crosses the Blunn Creek bridge.
Presenter: Mike Kelly, Watershed Protection & Development Review Department, City of Austin
5. 7:45 Discuss parking lot recently built across 10 single family lots under one ownership at 1006 Melissa Lane, thought to be a code violation.
Presenters: Jean Mather, SRCC Chair, Zoning and Planning Standing Committee & Suzanne Schuwerk
6. 7:55 Congress Avenue Baptist Church rezoning and neighborhood plan amendment applications with City: C14-2009-0032 and NPA-2009-0022.01.
Presenter: Danette Chimenti, Chair, Greater South River City Combined Neighborhood Plan Contact Team
7. 8:05 Presentation on SOCO Lofts need/desire for more daily vehicle trips.
Presenter: Darren Huckert, project engineer
8. 8:15 Presentation on Art City Austin (formerly Austin Fine Arts Festival and Fiesta) street closures, including 1st Street bridge, Saturday, April 25, 10am – 6pm & Sunday, April 26, 11am – 6pm. Would like our support. Letter of complaint from SRCC.
Presenters: A representative from Art Alliance Austin, Inc. & Sarah Campbell, SRCC President
9. 8:25 Discuss formation of an ad hoc Security Patrol Committee to address crime in SRCC.
Presenter: Marc Davis, SRCC Vice President
1. One-time waiver of the two annual, large gatherings allowed at St. Cecilia by the Restrictive Covenant between SRCC and St. Cecilia, in order to thank donors to the latest oak wilt trenching project necessary in the neighborhood near Park and Newning. SRCC Executive Committee voted to approve on March 16, 2009.
11. Other Business
Items will not necessarily be taken in order of listing.
Agenda prepared by Sarah Campbell 462-2261 email@example.com